CALL TO ORDER
PRAYER BY: Vernon L. Travis, Jr.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE LED BY: Vernon L. Travis, Jr.
1. Motion to approve minutes of March 24, 2020 special meeting and dispense with the reading of the minutes
2. Motion to approve budget amendments related to personnel changes
3. Motion to authorize the president and secretary to pay the claims
4. Motion to accept employee retirements
5. Motion to accept leave without pay requests
6. Motion to receive bids for copier paper
7. Motion to advertise for janitorial/cafeteria supplies
8. Motion to advertise for bread, milk, and juice
9. Motion to adjust final grading procedures according to Pupil Progression because of the abbreviated school year
10. Superintendent’ s Remarks
NOTICE: Anyone desiring to comment in connection with items listed on the agenda before a
vote is taken on said item by the Board, should complete a Public Comment Card thirty minutes before the School Board meeting begins. The Public Comment Cards are located at the receptionist’s desk.
WHEREAS, on March 11, 2020, the Governor of the State of Louisiana declared a Public Health Emergency due to the threat posed to public safety by the COVED-19 outbreak;
WHEREAS, on March 16, 2020, the Governor issued proclamation 30 JBE 2020, entitled Additional Measures for COVID-19 Public Health Emergency,
WHEREAS, the purpose of proclamation 30 JBE 2020 was to provide, in part, for additional measures to be taken by governmental entities to help combat the spread of COVID-19;
WHEREAS, section four of proclamation 30 JBE 2020 authorized all local political subdivisions of the State to provide for attendance at essential governmental meetings via teleconference or video conference during the pendency of the emergency;
WHEREAS, section four of said proclamation further mandated that, before invoking the authority of section four, the public entity was required to certify that it would be unable to operate due to quorum requirements;
WHEREAS, the School Board needs to conduct essential business of the school system;
in section four of