CLEP testing for current, eligible, VPSB students only.
2022-23 Test Dates
School CLEP Coordinators please note you must register students at both the VPSB Testing Center Registration Link AND College Board CLEP Registration link.
VPSB Testing Center Registration
Once morning sessions are full, afternoon sessions will be opened for registration.
AM Sessions begin at 9:00AM – Arrive by 8:30AM
PM Sessions begin at 12:30PM – Arrive by 12 Noon
CLEP Testing is held at the VPSB Technology Center.
You must register at least 1 week before the test date.
All students must be dressed according to the VPSB or school dress code to test.
No hoodies, coats or jackets may be worn while taking the test.
No smart watches, phones, calculators, or devices are allowed in the room during the test.
20 Student test limit per session.
College Board CLEP Registration Link
Effective July 1, 2023, the CLEP® exam fee will be $93
Exam Day Information
All test centers follow the same procedures and rules, which you should become familiar with before test day.
Once you have registered for a CLEP exam, you can use the My Account portal to:
- Select your preferred test center, and choose the institution where you would like to send your scores.
- Purchase study materials.
- Print your registration ticket. Make sure your name on your ID matches exactly with your registration ticket.
- View your scores and order official transcripts.
Don't Forget to Schedule Your Test Appointment
Registering for an exam provides you with a payment receipt and a registration ticket, but you must contact a test center to schedule the date and time you wish to take the test.
In addition to the nonrefundable $89 exam fee, most test centers charge a nonrefundable administration fee, which is directly payable to the institution. Check with your test center to confirm the fee amount and an acceptable method of payment.
Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
If you have a learning or physical disability that would prevent you from taking a CLEP exam under standard conditions, you may request accommodations at your preferred test center. Contact your preferred test center well in advance of the test date to make the necessary arrangements and to find out its deadline for submission of documentation for approval of accommodations. Accommodations that can be arranged directly with test centers include:
- ZoomText (screen magnification)
- Modifiable screen colors
- Use of a reader, an amanuensis, or a sign language interpreter
- Extended time
- Untimed rest breaks
If the above accommodations do not meet your needs, contact CLEP Services for information about other nonstandard options at email@example.com or at 800-257-9558 before you register through My Account.
On Exam Day
Be prepared to bring the following to the test center:
- A valid registration ticket from the My Account registration portal.
- Registration forms or printouts that are required by the test center. Make sure you have filled out all necessary paperwork in advance of your testing date.
- Administration fees: Bring the administration fee to the test center. Each test center charges an additional fee and sets its own policy for payment.
- Identification: Your driver’s license, passport, or other government-issued identification that includes your photograph and signature. You will be asked to show this identification to be admitted to the testing area. The last name on your ID must match the name on your registration ticket. The ID you bring must meet the following criteria:
- Be government-issued.
- Be an original document—photocopied documents are not acceptable.
- Be valid and current—expired documents (bearing expiration dates that have passed) are not acceptable, no matter how recently they may have expired.
- Bear the test taker's full name, in English language characters, exactly as it appears on the registration ticket, including the order of the names.
- Middle initials are optional and only need to match the first letter of the middle name when present on both the ticket and the identification.
- Bear a recent recognizable photograph that clearly matches the test taker.
- Include the test taker's signature.
- Be in good condition with clearly legible text and a clearly visible photograph.
- Military test takers must bring their military ID.
- Homeschooled students and high school students: If you do not have the required government-issued ID, please complete a Student ID Form (.pdf/55 KB) which is valid for one year. The form must be accompanied by a recognizable photo with a school or notary seal overlapping the photo. The form must be signed in front of a school official or notary. If you fail to present appropriate identification, you will not be tested.
- Examples of other types of acceptable indentification include:
- Government-issued passport with name, photograph, and signature
- Driver’s license with name, photograph, and signature
- State or Province ID issued by the motor vehicle agency with name, photograph, and signature
- Military ID with name, photograph, and electronic signature
- National ID with name, photograph, and signature
- Tribal ID card with name, photograph, and signature
- A naturalization card or certificate of citizenship with name, photograph, and signature
- A Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) with name, photograph, and signature
CLEP Retest Policy
Test takers may not repeat an exam of the same title within three months of the initial testing date. If you retake the exam within the three-month period, your administration will be considered invalid, your score will be canceled, and any test fees will be forfeited.
If you’re repeating an exam of the same title and have a question regarding the date of the initial administration, you should immediately notify the test administrator and contact CLEP Services at 800-257-9558.